There are many things that can make anyone happy. I was simply thinking about it the other day. And thus, here is a random, completely irrelevant, for no purpose whatsoever, list of some things that make me happy:
- Misty rain. When it is not quite raining but there is water in the air and it is sunny out at the same time. You just can’t help but smile.
- Disney. And the fact that my family and friends love Disney too. Sometimes we just speak in movie quotes. But then, of course, there are times when you make a really awesome, witty reference and you think it’s hilarious but no on else gets it.
- Books. Everything I just said for Disney applies to books too.
- When my friends read the books I suggest and tell me they are amazing. Recently I told a friends to read a book and he did. He read the whole trilogy and said he would read them all again in a heartbeat. After he finished that series he started a different one, I told him to read this one two years ago, and now he tells me that it’s amazing and thanks for suggesting it. I know it’s amazing! There was a reason I told you to read it. Hopefully he has learned now that I am good at picking books and to listen to me next time.
- Winnie the Pooh and Alice in Wonderland. These thing technically fall under both Disney and Books but they had to be mentioned because these things specifically make me happy.
- Undisturbed good book reading time. I mean, when you have a really good book, and you have a comfy chair and a lamp beside you emitting the only light in the room. And you have nothing else to do and no one is going to come talk to you and you just read. And then, of course, you realize it’s one in the morning and you should probably go to bed.
- Talking to a best friend. When you are talking to your best friend (or one of them) and you are really tired or really cold or really hungry but you are having so much fun sitting and chatting that you don’t want to move. I always took this kind of time for granted, it took me a very long time to realize that not everyone has a best friend they can do this with.
- Eating food. This is pretty self explanatory.
- Drawing. I am not amazingly good at drawing, but I like to do it. I gives me something to do with my hands while I am doing something else.
- Writing. I was never good at coming up with ideas for stories but I liked to write what I could. Recently I have come up with a couple of new ideas I even wrote a short story based on one, it is called Begin Again. (click to read)
So, Those are some things that make me happy. This is definitely not that whole list but it is some. Does anyone have anything to add to the list? Any weird little things that make you happy? Let me know in the comments or tag us on twitter, @QueWhatNow.